Composer: Gabriel Fauré
Gabriel Fauré’s seventeen settings of the poetry of Paul Verlaine mark the biggest single stylistic leap of his compositional career, and arguably one of the high points of the entire art song repertoire. The present edition contains the three individual settings Claire de lune, Spleen and Prison together with the Op. 58 “Venetian” songs and the magnificient cycle La Bonne Chanson.
With its focus both practical and scholarly, this new Complete Edition of songs aims to encourage creative, confident and wellinformed performance. Founded on study of hundreds of manuscripts and printed sources, it has been tested internationally in masterclasses, workshops, seminars, concerts and recordings. In this it takes a lead from the composer, who prepared his own editions on the basis of performing experience. The edition also assimilates interpretative insights from musicians who worked with Faur and eacute, as well as from his documented performing preferences.
- Clair de lune (Menuet) (Op. 46 no. 2)
- Spleen (Op. 51 no. 3)
- Prison (Op. 68 no. 1 [Op. 83 no. 1])
- Cinq mélodies [“de Venise”] (Op. 58)
- En sourdine
- À Clymène
- C’est l’extase
- La Bonne Chanson (Op. 61)
- Une Sainte en son auréole
- Puisque l’aube grandit
- La lune blanche luit dans les bois
- J’allais par des chemins perfides
- J’ai presque peur, en vérité
- Avant que tu ne t’en ailles
- Donc, ce sera par un clair jour d’été
- N’est-ce pas?
- L’hiver a cessé
Tag (Gabriel Faure)
Can you believe it? No one has said anything about this product. Please feel free to leave a review about a product you have tried.