Composer: Martin Hennessy (b. 1953)
Voice Type: Medium Voice and Piano
Title: Five Songs for Medium Voice andn Piano
- Daliah’s Soup (unidentified Upper West Side school child)
- O you whom I often and silently come (Walt Whitman)
- Little Elegy (Elinor Wylie)
- Mentor (Rainer Maria Rilke)
- The Secret Garden (Rita Dove)
"Contrary to several other contemporary compositions based on my work, I found your setting to be sensitive to the subtleties of the text in a way that intensifies the intermingling of meaning (story, word) with form (rhythm, silence). The result is Real Music: A song that lives its story, a story that sings. I feel gratified, exalted, and exulted. Thank you! Please accept my undiluted thanks for giving 'The Secret Garden' a musical magic carpet."
Maisie Light Publishing (ASCAP)
Classical Vocal Reprints
Can you believe it? No one has said anything about this product. Please feel free to leave a review about a product you have tried.