What instruments brands provide the best value? Are used instruments a good investment? What mouthpiece should beginners use? Single or double horn? Is there a way to make it easier for beginners to play the tuba? Why are certain valve combinations always out of tune? When is it time to move to an F attachment trombone? What's the difference between compensating and non-compensating – isn't that what the 4th valve does? What's this I hear about trombone lung? These and countless other questions about purchasing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and storing brass instruments are answered in this comprehensive yet concise handbook.
- brands to consider and prices to expect
- lubrication, cleaning and maintaining brass in top condition
- quick repairs, what to look for and preventive measures
- what can be done with a few tools and what REALLY needs a brass repairman
- how to protect your instrument and your investment
- tendencies and solutions for ALL valved brass
- a good place to start and what comes next
- shapes, types and pitch tendencies
• Building a brass tool kit - what to include
Meredith MusicPublication Date:
by David Fedderly and Sally WagnerMedium:
Meredith Music ResourceISBN:
Can you believe it? No one has said anything about this product. Please feel free to leave a review about a product you have tried.